Estate Weed and Feed is a contact killer that kills active weeds and protects against future weed problems while promoting healthy lawn growth. C-I-L® Lawn Food BIO-WEED & FEED® 9-0-0 prevents weed seeds from germinating, including crabgrass, white clover and dandelion seeds. Lawn Feeding is an important aspect of keeping a beautiful, healthy lawn. To find out why, check out Love The Garden's article on lawn feeding!
Spring/Fall | Weed and Feed
This product is available at the Blain’s Farm and Fleet online e-commerce store.
Blain # 1295791 | Mfr # 25-0-8
Feeding should be spaced 6 to 8 weeks apart
Estate Weed and Feed is contact killer that kills active weeds and protects against future weed problems while promoting healthy lawn growth in both spring and fall.
Promotes Green Grass
Promotes root health and early plant development
Promotes overall plant health
Gives grass a quick green and helps build a strong healthy lawn
36 lb bag covers 10,000 square feet of lawn
Easy to spread and apply to your lawn
You Deserve an Estate Lawn
You can have a bright green lawn that is the envy of the neighborhood
Get your yard in peak summer form with Estate Weed and Feed with Lawn Fertilizer. A fall or spring weed and feed will eliminate the unsightly weeds and have your lawn looking like a golf course fairway. Spend less time working on your lawn so that you can have more time to enjoy the season.
When you choose Estate, you’re choosing.
- A lawn that will have you begging to host the next family cookout
- A rich and vibrant lawn at a price that won’t break the bank
- A full line of lawn and garden fertilizers made to fit your needs year-round
A Complete Lawn Care System
Get your lawn off to a great start with our full line of Estate lawn and garden fertilizers for complete and easy maintenance.
Apply as the weed is germinating and soil temp reaches 55°
Contact killer: Apply when weeds are up and growing
Apply every 6-8 weeks throughout the growing season
Apply approximately one month before grass stops growing
Apply anytime during growing season, as directed
Germination time 15-20 days and 8-10 hours of sunlight per day
Germination time 15-20 days and 5-7 hours of sunlight per day
Sun to Shade
Germination time 7-10 days and 8-10 hours of sunlight per day
Need Help? Try Our Lawn Care Tips
From lawn care tips to DIY projects, Estate wants to help you take your outdoor space to the next level! Look through our tips & tricks to find the help or inspiration you’ve been searching for.
Ready to purchase Estate Premium Lawn Care products?
Estate Premium Lawn Care
Formulated for the Midwest, Estate Premium Lawn Care products are made with quality ingredients for growth, strength, and long-lasting protection.
Estate products are sold exclusively at Blain’s Farm & Fleet stores. Find a store near you.
- Early Spring | Crabgrass Preventer
- Spring/Fall | Weed and Feed
- Summer | Lawn Fertilizer
- Late Fall | Winterizer
- Anytime | Starter Fertilizer
- Anytime | All Natural Fertilizer
- Anytime | Garden Fertilizer
- Shady Lawn Grass Seed
- Sun To Shade Grass Seed
- Sunny Lawn Grass Seed
Copyright © 2022 Estate Premium Lawn Care. All Rights Reserved. Web Application by Informatics, Inc
BIO-WEED & FEED® Lawn Food 9-0-0
C-I-L ® Lawn Food BIO-WEED & FEED ® 9-0-0 prevents weed seeds from germinating, including crabgrass, white clover and dandelion seeds. Use this lawn fertilizer in conjunction with a sound lawn maintenance program.
- How to use
- Application Rate
- With 90 % corn gluten meal
- Prevents weed seeds from germinating
- Thick, green turf with no risk of burning
How to use
- To inhibit weed seed germination, use in conjunction with a sound lawn maintenance program.
- Apply product with a fertilizer spreader in a criss-cross pattern. Use half the content in each direction. Weeds that are established at the time of application will not be inhibited.
- Do not apply the product on newly seeded grass as it may inhibit grass seeds from germinating. Wait until after first mowing when root systems are established.
- If over-seeding or re-sodding in the spring, do not apply the product in the spring. If over-seeding or re-sodding in the fall, do not apply the product in the fall.
When to apply
- Apply to established turf twice a year, once in the early spring two weeks before weed seed germination, and once in late summer or early fall after heat stress has passed.
- Apply when soil is moist and when rain is forecast within 2 days of treatment. If rainfall does not occur within 2 days of treatment, irrigation is required.
- Excessive moisture at the time of treatment may reduce the effectiveness of the product.
- This product should be used as part of a complete fertilization program.
- Do not apply under windy conditions.
- The inhibitory effect of the product to weed seeds generally dissipates in five weeks following application.
- Apply to a mature lawn having a well-developed root mass.
Keep in cool, dry conditions away from seed, fertilizer and pesticides.
Do not reuse empty container. Dispose in accordance with municipal or provincial regulations if applicable. If no such regulations apply, wrap and dispose of empty container with household garbage.
Keep out of the reach of children. May cause sensitization. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Avoid inhaling/breathing dust. For good hygiene practice, wear a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, closed footwear and gloves when handling the product. It is recommended that a dust mask be worn when transferring the product to the spreader. Should not be applied if the applicator or a member of the household has a sensitivity or allergy to corn.
General: Seek medical attention immediately if irritation or signs of toxicity occur and persist or are severe. Take container, label or product name and registration number with you when seeking medical attention. Toxicological information: Treat symptomatically.
If swallowed: Rinse mouth and throat with copious amounts of water. Do not induce vomiting.
If on skin/clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Wash skin with plenty of soap and water. If inhaled: Move to fresh air.
If in eyes: Hold eye(s) open and rinse slowly and gently with water. Remove contact lenses if present, and then continue rinsing.
A complete guide to lawn and grass feeding
Without food to develop side shoots and thickness a lawn is also open to invasion by weed seeds and moss that thrive in low nutrient conditions. A regular supply of supplementary food makes your lawn thick and green.
There a few types of lawn feed, so you may be a little confused about what to look out for when buying online.
Don’t fret; below are the descriptions and properties of the types of lawn feeds, including the specific benefits of each.
Which lawn feed should I use?
Some lawn treatments just feed your garden lawn and are ideal if your lawn is weed and moss free, but others have added ingredients such as weed killers and/or moss killers. Furthermore, some are designed to use in the autumn to toughen up the grass ready for the winter and/or kill moss.
The reason some lawn feeds are better than others, is because they can release nitrogen and feed over several weeks rather than in one rush soon after application.
The best lawn feed (or fertiliser) to use is one that provides protection from weeds while systematically feeding your lawn and ideally should be applied between April and September. Try Miracle-Gro EverGreen Complete 4 in 1 as it will provide year-round feed when applied no more than twice a year.
Spring and summer lawn feeding
For spring feeding use a product containing feed, weed killers and moss control. This will quickly help the grass to start growing again and control any weeds that are present, plus kill off the moss that might have invaded the lawn over the winter.
Later in the spring once the weeds and moss are under control, move over to just a lawn feed to keep the grass looking thick and green. Liquid lawn feeds via a hose end feeder are ideal for using in late spring into summer as they water the lawn as well in dry periods.
If the weather turns very hot garden grass stops growing and will not use any feed. In addition to this lawns get ‘stressed’ during prolonged dry spells which makes them more susceptible to damage by lawn fertilisers. This will result in you having to take extra care of your garden lawn from that point on.
During these conditions stop feeding your lawn and wait until it has rained to let the water soak in for a few days, then start feeding again. Feed throughout the summer at 6-8 week intervals, weather permitting.
Autumn lawn feeding
Your lawn needs another type of feed in autumn, one which will keep the grass growing at a slow rate and not so lush but still green. It also prepares your lawn for the winter by building up the roots and health of the grass to withstand the cold.
Additionally, some autumn feeds have moss control added to combat any moss present. It’s important to feed with a specific autumn lawn food, such as Miracle-Gro EverGreen Autumn Lawn Care, to get the grass ready for the colder wetter weather of winter and strengthen the lawn ready for spring. Autumn lawn feeds are low in nitrogen as we don’t want to encourage any soft top growth that can be easily burnt by frost.
Feeding in autumn helps encourage strong root growth so your lawn will recover quickly from a harsh winter and put on lush green growth in spring. Autumn feeding is actually the most important feed and an integral part of lawn care!
Whichever product you are using, always carefully read the label before use and apply according to the instructions.
To summarise, steps to take for lawn feeding include:
- Prepare your lawn for feeding: scarify, rake and mow the lawn at least 3 days before the application of lawn feed or control products.
- Apply lawn feed: depending on the time of year apply your lawn feed (for high maintenance lawns consider optional added weed and moss control product).
- Maintenance: lightly water the feed in and repeat steps if necessary.
Check out our video tutorials for how to achieve a great looking lawn on our YouTube channel here.